Apple Pie Chex Mix shared by mandiehman
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups dried apples coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate baking chips
Preheat oven to 250°F.
In large bowl, combine cereal and nuts. Add butter to a 9x13 pan and put in oven to melt. Once melted, stir in sugar and spices until well mixed. Add cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
Continue baking for one hour, stirring regularly.
Remove from oven and immediately add apples and white chocolate baking chips. Stir until the chips melt and coat the mixture. Let cool. Store in an airtight container in the pantry.
Eating at Home Should be Easier.
Plan to Eat makes it simple and effective.